Nathanael Pyron

Nathanael Pyron

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wednesday, September 5


Dear family,
So I finally have a chance to email! It's been another great week, and we have two baptismal dates! It's not that exciting though because we didn't earn either.  We got a call about a 16 year old girl who just moved here from California, and has had all the lessons there, and was set with a baptismal date.  We only got to briefly meet her Sunday, and she is now going to seminary, and although she's a junior she plans on completing all 4 years to actually graduate.  Her date is September 25.  
And then this man who has been in our ward for months, always comes, is not baptized, and I had never heard about. He has always been interested and knowledgeable about religion.  A ward mission leader grabbed us after Sunday School, told us to wait, and then brought him in.  We got to talk for about 30 minutes with him and we set the date of October 20 for his baptism.  I had always seen him in class and assumed he was a member, he knew just about everything.  He bore his testimony on just about all the things in our church... And he believes Joseph Smith was a prophet with all his heart, as well as the prophets of today.  I think he (rightly so) has a very high sense of responsibility to his family. The meeting was very good, and I am excited to see what happens.
I can't really remember what things I talked about last time.  We played warball at our pday activity the other day, so that was fun.  We've also got one more investigator who was introduced to the church by a member who lives in the same apartment complex.  She's got a strong testimony of God and prayer.  She is coming to the potluck, so I hope things go well with that. 
So about me a little more.. thanks for the letters everyone, I'll try to address some questions now(the ones I can remember at least)... So we do have a kitchen in the basement.  I have been buying a ton of fruits... I usually have cheerios in the morning along with an assortment of fruits and maybe a cheese stick.  I've got a lot of peaches, baby carrots, grapes, apples, plums, bananas...  This morning I caught some sort of orange see-through baby gecko in the basement.  It was real small and slow, so I held him for a bit and put him outside.  I still study the Book of Mormon a TON, I'm more than halfway through 3rd Nephi, and I write a lot along with study, and I've also done quite a bit in the Bible.  Still finding really neat stuff everyday.  We got a screw in our tire the other day...We've had some meals with some interesting people recently, but I've talked enough about people I meet.  Oh but this one family has a son on his mission, and they have this broomstick with a paper plate face they use as his replacement, so that was an interesting dinner at their place.  
We still play basketball Monday and Wednesday mornings which is always fun.  So let me know what else you want to know.  Keep keeping me posted on home life.  I really miss everyone, love you all,
                                                      Elder Pyron

No comments:

Post a Comment