Nathanael Pyron

Nathanael Pyron

Friday, August 10, 2012

First Day In Las Vegas


August 6 (First Day in Las Vegas)

Dear family,
I am here in Vegas, and it is awesome.  I haven’t met my companion yet.  I am exhausted.  I had to get up at 3:30 this morning.  President Black seems really good.  It’s weird, I felt like I already knew him and I can’t think of where I would have met him.  The other letter was written Friday and I have been kind of sick Saturday, Sunday and today, but I think I am getting better.  Just stepping into the Vegas airport, there were billboards and screens you don’t see in any other airport, a mirror ceiling, and slot machines all over the place.  I didn’t get a missionary opportunity on the plane because the kid next to me was just leaving EFY.  The mission mom or President’s wife just said they’ve had missionaries gain over 100 lbs because of the way members feed out here.  So our mission currently has 136 (26 came today) and we plan on being at 190 soon (20 next week).  By what they are saying it sounds like I will never really be more than 1 hour out of the city.  I know Heavenly Father loves us and that I am truly serving Him through His church and I am excited to share that!
Nathanael

No comments:

Post a Comment